Sunday 13 September 2009

Christmas Designs and Enamel Prep.

I seem to get in a panic about Christmas earlier every year! I aim for an August start… but it can be hard to find the time, especially when I've been lucky enough to receive plenty of commissions. Ah well, better late than never! Here's the prototype of a brooch design I'm working on. It might also end up being a box pendant..
As you can see, there's still plenty of work to do, but the idea is that there will be a back piece, which will have dark blue enamel or resin added. I'm also going to add a star to the back, maybe top RH corner?
Then the text needs tidying up....and plenty of sanding and finishing before seeing what our little mousie will look like fired!
My final thing for today will be to tumble this lot (prep for my enamel experiments) and finish off the cuff links for a customer order. Really pleased with how the JC stands out will look fab when they're oxidised.
Nic x

6 comments:

  1. Love the trees! The window is just darling. Can't wait to see it with the back piece.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The tree pieces are from some of my original drawings (made the impression with Photo Polymer Plates).
    Glad you like them
    Nic x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww, the ickle mousie!

    I really like the trees.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh i like the little mouse with the window looks like a winner to me lol x

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment. I love reading your questions & hearing what you think! It's a great way for me to find and visit your blog too :)

You might like reading these too:

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin